Thursday, May 26, 2011

Even finding great deals at Shurfine!

The first day we moved to PA, I needed dishwasher detergent. I went to Shurfine and couldn't find a single brand of it on sale or for a good price. So in my head, I thought they were horribly expensive, and I only stopped there from then on in a dire emergency.


I've recently rediscovered Shurfine, and I am glad that I have! They have the best coupon policy in town. They let me double the same coupon as many times as I want....what? Really! (Giant does 1 like coupon that doubles per order, Weis has a limit of 4 like coupons per order) 


Here was my trip from Shurfine today!


-I got 4 bottles of ChiChi's Salsa for $1.00 each. Was on sale for $2, with a $.50/1 coupon that doubled to a $1 for each. Final Price: $4 for 4 bottles
-2 boxes of Jollytime Popcorn on a BOGO sale. $2.49 for both, with a $1.00/2 coupon. Final Price: $1.49 for 2 boxes.
-A 12pk of Shurfine brand Cream Soda because it makes my oldest son happy. $2.89.
-6 ears of corn for $1.98 ( I could have got 12 ears for $3, but it always goes bad before we can eat it all when I get 12)
-8 13.5oz of Simply Orange and Simply Lemonade. On sale for $1, with a $.50/1 coupon that doubles to $1.. Final price: FREE
-4 bags of Hanover Gold Line Steam in Bag Vegetables. On sale for $3/4=1.33 each. I bought 4, and used 2 $1.00/2 coupons. Final Price : $3.32/4 bags, or $.83 each!


My total spent was $14.07 (The most spent in one place on one transaction all day!) But I saved $16.55 with their Gold Card, and I saved another $15.00 with coupons! Without coupons and sales, this would have cost me $45.62! I saved 69% here!


I also got back a $1 store coupon for my next meat purchase over $5. Hopefully I can match it up with a good meat sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment