Thursday, May 26, 2011

Giant Dollar Doublers

I am trying to get up a post about the great deals from Giant, but I have a ton of other stuff to do today.

But I wanted to let you all know, that if you got a Sunday paper this week, on the front of the Giant ad are 4 "Dollar Doublers" store coupons! These are exciting!


This means they will double $1.00 coupons to $2.00, up to 4 in an order provided you spend $15. Go ask customer service, and they will tell you your total has to be $15 after coupons, blah blah blah...it's all LIES! The system will accept them so long as your total after all other savings (BonusCard price) is $15 or more! They will also tell you that it's one per household. But yet they don't track it on your Bonuscard. So yeah, you can do it as many times as you wish. Maybe back-to-back, but I don't try that. I don't like dealing with so many of the cashiers; I use the self checkout whenever possible!
Here in York, because all the stores (well except Food Lion, more on this in a future post) double coupons up to $0.99, we get alot of $1.00 coupons in the YDR inserts. I hate this! This is what made me start buying the Baltimore Sun too. So many times, we get $1.00 off one item, while the Sun has a $0.75 off one item, which will double to $1.50 here, and save me more money! So, dig out your Giant flyer from your recycle bin (these coupons are not available in any of the stores I've been to in the area) and your $1.00 coupons will turn them into $2.00 coupons!!! This happens about every 6-8 weeks.

Also, if you have a Giant flyer from the paper and don't want to use your dollar doublers, I know someone very nice who will take them off your hands and put them to good use! I should have bought more papers this week!!!

This ends on Saturday!



Also, look on the back of the Best of York County Flyer *cough,cough* and there is a coupon for 300 bonus gas points if you spend $50. Unfortunately for me, this is $50 after all coupons, so I would never hit that in one transaction. But I know tons of people who would! And you could split a $100 order and use the coupon twice to get 600 points!

1 comment:

  1. mama2gracelyn5/27/2011 9:37 PM

    If anyone has a few hours left, I also found that if you can also scan the doublers BEFORE scanning manu coupons! Didn't get any error to "give last coupon to the attendant". Self checkout is always the way I go.

    ReplyDelete